Unstable angina is an acute coronary syndrome that does not develop into myocardial infarction.
A hospitalization with the non-specific diagnosis of 'angina' as the primary diagnosis, where there is no procedure giving a reason for admission (PCI or CABG), is considered to be unstable angina.
GPRD, HES, MINAP
Read, OPCS 4, ICD 10, ICD 9
23/11/2013 (Revision 1)
1. Diagnosis of unstable angina; unangina_gprd, category 3
2. Diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome not otherwise specified; acs_gprd, category 3
1. Primary diagnosis of unspecified angina (ICD-10 I20.9) during a hospitalization that did not have a PCI or CABG procedure performed
2. Discharge diagnosis of unstable angina in MINAP
3. Primary diagnosis of acute ischaemic heart disease during a hospitalization; acute_ihd_hes, category 3
4. Primary diagnosis of unstable angina during a hospitalization; uangina_hes, category 1